Lake City Seattle Condo Sale
Real Estate around Seattle
Seattle Lake City Condo Sale – Pending Inspection
Listed for $325,000
Compare to the sold unit in the same condo community.
Seattle Lake City condo: jump at the rare opportunity to become the owner of one of these six Seattle Lake City condos. This is a self-managed, friendly community where everybody shares in the amenities of neighborly living, including the garden. Owners participate in the care of the common spaces which keeps the monthly homeowner dues to $128. The condo is accessible down the stairs from the parking area off the alley. Guest parking is available downstairs along 33rd Avenue NE
Relax in the comfortable heat of the insert-equipped fireplace. Step from the hardwood of the living room onto the bamboo floor of the 200-square-foot sunroom. It was added in 2008. Special, energy-efficient windows are designed to keep prying eyes out. Prepare meals in the kitchen which was updated in 2010. There is storage galore. Take the bus and avoid all the stress of the Seattle traffic. Dues are $128/mo. The 727 square footage excludes the sunroom. If you are anxious about Seattle traffic, this is a great commuter location with bus lines nearby.
Lake City Seattle Condo Sale – Facts and Figures
- 12015 33rd Ave NE, Seattle, WA 98125
- Listed for $325,000 (similar unit sold in June 2018 for $361,000)
- Offers will be reviewed as received.
- MLS #1393881
- Complex built in 1960
- Condo Conversion, August 2000
- King County condominium recording #20000815001924
- 737 square feet (not including 200 sqft sunroom)
- 2 bedrooms
- 1 full bath
- Homeowner Dues $140/mo and participation in common area upkeep*
- Homeowner Dues cover internet service
- Homeowner dues and all utilities and garbage are billed bimonthly on per person prorated basis.
- 2018 Taxes $2,116
- All appliances stay with the condo (curtains and hardware will not)
- End unit, accessible level from the alley to the west (parking)
- East-facing, with early morning light into the sunroom, cool in the afternoon
- Hardwood floor in living room, bamboo flooring in sunroom
- Kitchen updated in 2010
- Stove/Range, Refrigerator Washer/Dryer, Dishwasher, Microwave
- Working wood fireplace with inset
- Two storage lockers
- Half of a raised garden plot
- Single parking spot
Six Condos, One Community
The Thornton Creek Cohousing, as it is officially called, is not your usual condo complex. It consists of two two-story buildings with three condos each. The second story condos are level with the garden space and parking located in the alley west of the buildings. The condo for sale is located on the lower level.
The community is self-managed by the owners. Four of the six owners serve on the Board of Directors of the Thornton Creek Cohousing Association (the “Board”). The bylaws and the rules and regulations will be made available to serious buyers prior to presenting offers. The resale certificate and associated documents will be provided within five days after mutual acceptance of a buyer’s offer.
Pets, Laundry, and Other Chores
The rules and regulations state that pets must be approved in advance by the Board. Only one pet is allowed by unit, with a maximum weight of 35 pounds. Owners are responsible for maintaining control of their pets.
The use of the common laundry facility is run on the honor system at 25 cents per load. The washer and dryer are located in one of two lower level rooms that are also used for bike storage and house storage lockers for the individual condo owners.
Owners are expected to participate in the upkeep of the common areas. The Board establishes a list of duties and periodically assigns time periods in which owners are responsible for these duties. Each owner is responsible for knowing their schedule and for taking care of any general cleanup that is needed during that time. This underlines the communal aspect of living and explains the low homeowner dues.
All units are to be used only as private residences by owners. Renting or sub-letting may be done only after approval by the Board
- Six units in the complex with shared grounds and facilities
- Common laundry room with a bike rack
- Lush, landscaped grounds
- Community garden
- Friendliest, helpful, and generous neighbors; a true community
- The roof is 3 years old
Vendors are hired for special projects such as roof repairs. Individual condo owners pay for the maintenance of non-shared items such as an individual condo’s central vacuum system.
The Bus Stops Here
372 (University District Express), 522, 67, 74, 32, 26
Down Payment Assistance could be the Key to You buying this condo!
Without down payment assistance homeownership can remain just a dream. It doesn’t have to be that way. Now there is a way to find out if you qualify for down payment assistance.